DATE: November 17th and 18th, 2012
LOCATION: NSCC Waterfront Campus, Room 4732 & 4734
80 Mawiomi Place, Dartmouth, NS, B2Y 0A5
There is plenty of parking in the NSCC waterfront campus and there are lots of food options near the venue. The venue is in Dartmouth, if you are staying at a hotel in Halifax, you will have to pay bridge fare. Bridge fare is $1 per crossing.
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS (everything is on 360 except for Persona which is on ps3)
-Tekken Tag 2
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online
-Persona 4 Arena
-Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
-Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Entry fee per game: $5 for Persona 4 Arena and Tekken Tag 2, $10 for 3SO, AE 2012, and UMVC3
Prize Payout: 70% for 1st, 20% for 2nd, 10% for 3rd
SITE /VENUE FEE $5 per person
Registration at 11a, games start at 12
Tekken Tag 2 (360) 12noon to 2pm
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online (X360) 2pm to 4pm
Persona 4 Arena (PS3) 4pm to 6pm
Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 (X360) 6pm to 830pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (X360) 830pm to 11pm
Top 8 for all games on Sunday.
These times are approximate, we will do our best to stay on schedule. Please remember that is the players responsibility to be on time and be ready for their match. Please try to be at venue 15 minutes before scheduled start time of each game to guarantee you don’t miss your match.
All Tournaments will be a double elimination. Matches are best two of three except for winners final, losers final and grand final which will be best three out of five. UMVC3 tournament is best three out of five for all matches. Standard tournament rules apply to all games.
If you are not able to attend the tournament in person, please tune in live at www.twitch.tv/ralstoninstall for all the action. Both days will be streamed live via the Twitch.TV channel. Blow up stream chat and cheer on your favorite players. If you have any questions, please throw them at
or follow it on facebook http://www.facebook.com/events/151153631692969/
There will be casual stations on hand with King of Fighters 13, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Dead or Alive 5, Soul Calibur 5, and more. If you are interested in casuals please bring your own console + power bar/extension cords if you can.
If you are on a casual station & get called for a Tournament match then drop what you are doing for the match or get DQ’d.
Please be respectful. Everything is community provided and they want to leave with everything intact. If you want in on a match then call next & if someone calls next on you then let them on. It’s recommended that you mark your discs with sharpie ahead of time to avoid confusion. You are responsible for taking care of your own stuff.
Stuff to Know for the Low Tide Throwdown Venue
- We are in rooms 4732 and 4734. Signs will be posted to help you find the room.
- Parking is free and open on weekends – don’t worry about posted signage except for handicapped parking, fire lanes, and no-parking areas, etc. Staff and carpool parking is fine for you to use.
- All persons coming into the school will be expected to enter by the main entrance and sign in their names at the security desk. When you leave, you must sign out.
- There will probably be students within the building doing schoolwork. Our rooms are for our purposes so noise there is not a problem but if you are elsewhere in the building please be respectful.
- Alcohol is not allowed
- If you bring food, drink, or anything else that results in garbage, please dispose of it in the sorting bins nearby
- Campus is smoke free anywhere on school property, but the designated smoking area is very close to our rooms. The campus is right beside the harbour and can be quite windy and cold so bring appropriate clothes, jacket, gloves, etc. as you feel will be appropriate.
- Lower level parking lot just outside our rooms by harbour has marked smoking area with ‘butt-stops’
- Anywhere not on school grounds is fine – ie. Pleasant Street sidewalk, Harbour Walk path
- The nearest door to the outside will (probably) be locked by security but can be used by smokers headed out to the smoking area – make sure you jam open the door with something so you can get back inside. We will try to provide a door stopper of some sort to help with this.
Nearest food options
The school cafeteria is not open on weekends. There are some vending machines in the building but selection is limited. Drinks in on-site vending machines are provided by Coke.
10 – 15 minutes walk each way
- Tim Horton’s
- Alexandra’s Pizza
- Pilot’s Pub
- Cheese Curds (fancy expensive burgers)
- Habaneros Modern Taco Bar (amazing tacos and burritos)
- John’s Lunch (seafood)
10 – 15 minutes walk each way
- Gas Station w/ convenience store